Relocation Guide

Click here for the full Sandhills Relocation Guide

Quick Guide:



Windstream – Residential Customers in Aberdeen– 910.944.2301 and Pinebluff – 910.944.3101

Windstream – Business Customers – 800.843.9214

CenturyLink – 877.290.5458

Charter Communications – 919.776.1800

Aspire Telecom Inc – 828.236.0406

Randolph Telephone Membership Corporation – 336.879.5684

Time Warner Cable – 910.692.6684

Cable Television

Time Warner Cable – 910.692.6684


Central Electric Membership Corporation – 919.774.4900

Duke Progress Energy 800.452.2777

Randolf Electric Membership Corporation – 910.948.3401


Coopers LP Gas – 877.248.9483

Ferrellgas – 910.944.3066

McNeil Oil & Propane – 910.944.2329

Piedmont Natural Gas – 800.752.7504

Sandhills Propane – 910.695.1804

Van Derveer’s Gas Co. – 910.428.9634


Moore County Water – 910. 947.6315



For a complete listing of tax rates for each community visit



There are diverse set of libraries in and around Moore County. Each library has their own set of membership rules and standards. You may contact them via the list below.

Boyd Library at Sandhills Community College, Pinehurst – 910.695.3819
Given Memorial Library (Pinehurst) – 910.295.6022
Moore County Library – 910.947.5335
Page Memorial Library (Aberdeen) – 910.944.1200
Pinebluff Library – 910.281.3004
Robbins Library – 910.948.4000
Southern Pines Library – 910.692.8235
Vass Area Library – 910.245.2200

Places of Worship

There are many options of churches and houses of worship in Moore County. Currently there are over 230 churches/houses of worship representing 29 denominations. Each week the local paper, The Pilot, complies an abbreviated listing with locations, services and contact numbers.


North Carolina State Law requires that all dogs and cats have rabies vaccinations after the age of four months and display their current vaccination tag. There are different laws for leash control in the various jurisdictions around Moore County. Contact the local government office to lean more.


Moore County’s property tax rate per $100 valuation is $.465. A $.02 amount is added to this rate for county-wide advanced life support services. Moore County has the lowest property tax rate per $100 when compared to the nine surrounding counties. This tax rate applies to both real estate and personal property. For a complete listing of tax rates for each community visit

Automobile Driver’s License

A driver’s license, good for four years, must be obtained within 30 days of becoming a North Carolinaresident. When registering for the first time in the state, residents must bring proof of mileage, name of liability insurance company and policy numbers as well as previous certificate or title. The license may be obtained from the Drivers License Division of North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles located at521 South Sandhills Aberdeen. Form more information call 910.944.7555 or visit

Vehicle Registration

New residents must register a motor vehicle by the expiration of the time granted by the reciprocity agreement between North Carolina and the prior state of residence (usually 30 days) or when gainful employment is accepted, whichever occurs first. For a detailed description of what items are needed when registering a vehicle and the fees required, visit To register a vehicle, registrants must present a valid North Carolina Identification Card. A local North Carolina License Plate Agency is located at the Town and Country Shopping Center in Aberdeen. For more information call 910.944.1303.

Voter registration is open to anyone who is 18 years of age and has lived in their district a minimum of 30 days. Registration forms may be picked up at local libraries, the Department of Motor Vehicles or the Moore County Board of Elections. The deadline to register to vote is 25 days before the election.

Building Permits

Building permits must be obtained before any construction or remodeling of an existing building can be undertaken. Prior to any work, contact the local community administrative office to acquire rules, guidelines and permit applications. Residents inAberdeen, Pinehurst, Southern Pines, and Whispering Pines apply for permits at their respective towns. All other residents contact the County.

County of Moore (Planning & Zoning) – 910.947-5010
Town of Aberdeen– 910.944.7024
Village of Pinehurst (Planning & Inspection) – 910.295.2581
Town of Southern Pines (Planning & Inspection) – 910.692.4003
Village of Whispering Pines – 910.949-3141

Business Licenses

Business license requirements vary from community to community. Contact the local communities directly to learn what permits are required prior to opening a business